Monday, 1 July 2013

Z-Inspiration 1

Welcome to this first edition of creating meditative expressions through practicing zentangle.

Let us begin with exploring 'Value word' GRATITUDE in this edition.

I am sure  that every one in this world has some one or the other to be grateful to. This person would have  done some significant 'good' to us in the past , without any expectation or conditions. In fact when I give this as an exercise in my workshops, participants come back with a long list of people in their lives who have done a lot of self-less good to them. We call this as 'page 1' entries in the 'Life Balance Sheet'  These names,when remembered mindfully, induce a sense of gratitude.

The exercise therefore ,  is to create  the "Page 1" of your life balance sheet and fill it up with the names of the people who have done good to you without any conditions or expectation. Invoke within you , a sense of gratitude and go ahead and do what your inner guidance suggests.

I have several stories of many such people who feature on  my "Life Balance Sheet - Page 1" !

Here is the one story about a total stranger in my life whom I am extremely grateful to. I was told, by my mother , that I was a very sickly child .... and that when I was about two years old , I had developed a very bloated stomach, and my hands and legs had become very thin. It was in the early 1950s , with not much medical specialization in India . Doctors , who were treating me had given up any hope of my survival.


I have used here both, Girdy as well as Golven
 

One day a Sufi saint was passing by our home in the village. He saw me squatted next to my mother who was perhaps cleaning vessels or washing clothes. The saint stopped for a while on the road, to listen to my mother's anguished story , consoled her asking her to have faith in the Almighty . He reassured her by saying that strange are the ways of the higher powers that be and he wil always help his devotees.  He pulled out a talisman and tied it on my arm... and for the first time in my life ,my mother said , I smiled ! After that incident , I started recovering rapidly , and am still alive after 61 years! Though I have never seen him, I owe him my life.


So, now, if you have a story, please share it here.... and with an attitude of gratitude create a zentangle. We suggest you may like to use  tangles GIRDY and/or GOLVEN  from http://tanglepatterns.com/  as main tangle. You have time till 14th July, after which a new value word will be released. So, hurry!

Happy Tangling!

D I L I P

PS: This blog site is still a work in progress. Please await z-Tutorials for the newcomers. Keep checking out often. Register yourselves on this blog to receive info in your mail. Thanks.



 


6 comments:

  1. Amazing story. So glad you pulled through your illess as a child. Your loving contributions add grace and beauty to the world. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this #1 continues through this week (7-8-13) because I just discovered the z-inspirations and just began working on my list and zentangle this evening!! I could not see that you had set a deadline. How often do you plan to change the word to be used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jay, I realized that a dead line is not given. I have, since, rectified it. It would be a fortnightly frequency. One could remain with the value word for a longer period, experience the meditative impact of it, make his/her contribution here, and then move on to another value word. So the alternate Mondays will be the switch over days.

      Delete
  3. I just posted my blog on Mindfulness..I am hoping this is the right place to do so???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jay. And your writeup is soooo full of compassion. Your Zia too is very pretty. For some reason I am not able to post my comments on your blog. But I really value your contribution. My sincere prayers for a speedy recovery for your husband.

      Delete
  4. And here is my post for #3. Thanks, Dilip for the opportunity to write about meaningful things!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. Remember, a thought shared is an expansion of knowledge through many. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...