Monday, 16 September 2013

Z-Inspiration 4

The value word for this edition is TRUST


Confession:
Dear Visitor,
I have failed so far maintaining regularity in posting new value words for this series of posts under the title 'Z-Inspirations' I did some soul searching, and found that I am expecting too much from the participants, in the sense that the participant has to
a.  Share an incident/event/interesting story about the value word,
b. Go through some experiential process about the value word as I may prescribe, and
c. Create a zentangle/zia on the theme given, using suggested tangles, and post it.

So, while reasonable number of visitors do come in, I found that a very few of you are able to meet all the above three requirements, with the result only few of you are able to create your posts and register them here on this platform.

The confession is that my motivation levels were dwindling. But I am committed to the cause, and hence want to suggest the following for your considered opinion, and increased participation.

1. The prospective participant need not meet all the three criteria, as some of you may not be well versed with the method of zentangle, or you may not like to go through the experiential process as described in point b above, or even if you do go through the process, you may not have a story or experience to share.

2. Hence, what if we open up for the participants to only create zentangle/zia on the theme and post it ignoring points a and b above, or,

3. Write your story/event/experience on the value word given and post it, or

4. Just go through the exercise prescribed and report back on your blog and post it here, or,

5. Combine any two of the above and share with us, and finally,

6. Encourage those who are well versed with attempting all the three, as some of you have already been doing ( ) so, which is our ultimate goal.

The above will open up for more active participation and we all will benefit.May I seek your opinions on this, please?

And as an experiment we try out in this very post, enabling you all to choose your comfort and skill level to participate in any of the above 3 options I have identified.

Now, for this z-inspirations value word, TRUST, following are the inputs:

1. Story: Here is a very small story, but tells all about trust.
Little girl and her father were crossing a bridge.
The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter,
'Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river.'
The little girl said, 'No, Dad. You hold my hand.'
'What's the difference?' Asked the puzzled father.
'There's a big difference,' replied the little girl.

'If I hold your hand and something happens to me,
chances are that I may let your hand go.
But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens,
you will never let my hand go.'

In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its bond. 

So hold the hand of the person who loves you rather than expecting them to hold yours...

This message is too short......but carries a lot of Feelings.
attribution http://www.citehr.com/89599-trust-small-story-read-big-message.html#ixzz2f377F1r1
You may also like to click on the following:
http://rishikajain.com/tag/trust/
http://www.inspiringstories.org.nz/category/inspiring-stories-trust/

2. My own experiential take on trust - In some way my above confession, and coming clean itself is my experiential submission. The regular visitors of this blog have to respond to it!

3. Exercise: For those of you who would like to explore trust for themselves may like to sit in silence and direct their thoughts to a recent episode of trust involving self, and narrate it here in all its details.

4. Zentangle/Zia: With TRUST at heart, create a zentangle, or a ZIA using tangles whose names are embedded in my illustration below.


You may need to go to z-inspiration 1, and register your post on the Linky machine there. 

Thank you for your indulgence, and hope to see you on this blog regularly. Please register yourself as a follower her.

D I L I P




1 comment:

  1. Thank you Dilip for this 4th Z-inspiration.
    I think you did well, deciding to make it easier to participate. I also think it will be coming to us on a regular base, so one knows when to expect it.
    Your zendala is beautiful!!!!
    Thanks again, I LOVE your challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. Remember, a thought shared is an expansion of knowledge through many. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...