Sunday, 13 July 2014

ABC of Zentangle...A

As I See It..

A little Zen, and some Tangles..
( To understand, and learn Zentangle®)



This is the first post in the new series of ABC Wednesday, and the letter is A. So, let us look at some of the words beginning with A, and have some connection with either zen, or tangle! And do not miss the video at the end.

I have chosen A for Anxiety, Anger. And before we look at some zen about these words, let us have a variety of tangles, their names beginning with A

ABC of Zentangle...A. Tangles used are Aquafleur, Axlexa, Antidots, Arc flower, Archer and Antz
If you have been following my series, ABC of Zentangle, I am sure you would have realised that my efforts are to create resources for  learning  Zentangle. Get on to the band wagon, look for a CZT- Certified Zentangle  Teacher in your area, zone or country ( Refer zentangle.com for the list). If in India, write to me at dilip(dot)patel(at)gmail(dot)com. I have a solution for you.

Video - ABC of Zentangle...A: In the meanwhile, here is our first video resource giving demo of three of the tangles I have used in the above illustration. Enjoy.






 And a little zen...? 

As I began A with Anxiety, and Anger, all I have to say is, these are the inner functions of our nature, they both can be impacted by regular practice of Zentangle, as the practice works as meditation, and the research has confirmed that regular habit of meditation impacts one's life very positively.

It was my personal experience when my father was on death bed. Anxiety was at its peak. The head nurse had declared that it was just a matter of time. It could be from a couple of hours to a couple of days..

I recall, I pulled out my pocket diary at 2.30 am in the waiting lounge of the hospital and started creating a zentangle. I had never felt deeper peace of my mind than during those tense moments.

If you liked this post, please return here every week for some more zen, tangles and perhaps new demo videos.

D I L I P





8 comments:

  1. I am just joining this round and am intrigued...Happy ABC and Happy summer♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/abstracts/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating way to express emotions.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for demonstrating. It requires lot of patience and the end result is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'twould seem that your zentangle might relieve the anxiety...

    ROG, ABC Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa thats AWESOME. Whenever I feel down or anxiety strikes I grab my camera :)

    PhenoMenon, ABCW
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2014/07/dark-clouds/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your video especially those little ants going round and round.
    Joy - ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do enjoy tangling but mostly have to have color them. Color seems to be very important to me in all of my artwork, that and depth, which you have caught beautifully. Nice letter A!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. Remember, a thought shared is an expansion of knowledge through many. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...